Saturday 22 May 2010

@Nymarie

Re this:

The cloaks aren't really that good for Shadow. Spirit/Crit is pretty suboptimal -- not quite as bad as the stat combination on that god-awful Tier 9 Spirit/Hit helm, but still not fantastic. I'd hold out for Lich Wrappings (Valithria-10). A stop-gap with +hit is Kurisu's Indecision (ToC5N). Where emblems are concerned, I instead recommend investing in 4T10 Shadow if you have not already. Whenever someone decides that they want to develop their shadow gear set, Tier 10 must be the first port of call. It is so powerful that it dwarfs all other Frost Emblems purchases

So, with regards to some gearing suggestions: Tier 10 Gloves, Helm, Shoulders and Chest (In that order) should be considered. Your Tier 10 Disc legs will be just fine until a SP/Crit/Haste alternative comes along. The Tier 10 Shadow legs have too much hit on them. Your Circle of Ossus will also do nicely in Shadow.

... Although, having said all that, hit rating on 25-man Icecrown gear seems to be focused in the neck, one ring (Valanar's. Don't get the Crit/Hit one unless it is a stop-gap for the Haste/hit) and ... that's pretty much it for optimal slots, annoyingly. You don't want the Chest, Gloves or Shoulders because they're all tier slots. That's incredibly short-sighted, I think.

But let's have a play, shall we? We've identified this, this, this and this. 194 Hit. 95 short. Let's get these. 31 to go. These. Done.

Alternative: Tier 10 Shadow legs instead of Tier 10 Shadow chest (+80) and a Rigid gem in the cloak (+24).

(I know that you have the +hit offhand, but you'll want to get rid of that as soon as you win Dying Light. Dying Light is wonderful for Shadow.)

Obviously these are all optimal selections rather than necessarily what you'll be able to get your hands on at first. I tend to do that.

And now I must go out, so I'll have to cut short my advice for the time-being.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info Sin! I haven't really been playing in a loooong time and I haven't gone full time Shadow since Naxx. I'm going to log out in my Shadow gear, so you can see what I have.
    I have the Shadow set, all except for the chest.
    Perhaps you can help my gearing when you see what I have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's your shadow gear? It's fantastic. I have no suggestions, except obviously to try to get Lich Wrappings so that you can switch out the Hit/SP gems for Haste/SP gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well maybe this week I can down Valithria! I'll be with this new guild then. I've been pugging and you know how that goes.
    I'm surprised that my Shadow gear is up to par. All I've really been doing is taking offspec gear in raids and getting tier with emblems. Guess I'm lucky. :P

    What if I had a chance at Lady's Brittle Bracers from 25? I'll be doing 25s again since this guild is much larger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit/Crit is slightly less optimal than Hit/Haste, because Haste just outweighs Crit, as I'm sure you know. But, hey, get whatever works. Bracers or cloak -- either are good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The advantage of 10-man loot as a 25-man raider is that, with most loot systems involving "Bidding", those rules don't apply in 10-man, so the cloak will be "Cheaper" from a guild currency perspective.

    ReplyDelete