Tuesday 27 October 2009

... And everyone else. <3

So while I'm on the subject of thanking people and making them known, and since I don't really want to blogroll notable people whom I read, here is just a run-down list of all the other fine folks in the Wowhead Priest and General communities, and some other awesome people, and why they are most certainly worthy of mention in this little corner of the blogosphere:

Wowhead:

General awesome people


Casey (Malgayne) -- Awesome community manager, if far too infuriatingly forgiving of some of the trolls on the Wowhead forums. Always a joy to talk with through IRC or the super sekrit Premium e-mail address. He has this blog, too.
Corgan -- Corgan is a dick. Anyone who has been on #wowhead will know this. Be on his good side, though (I.e., Don't Be A Dick), and you find a cuddly owl who cares about the upper-tier content and cares about enabling people like me to get there. Hear that, Corgan? Your secret's out. Better start telling people to eat dicks again, or your reputation might start faltering.
Sarah (Noxychu) -- Has a hot voice (and I say that as someone who is used to hearing English voices anyway, so is not biased by the sexiness of British accents in general). She's also a Priest, and an extraordinarily talented artist -- and I hope that Blizzard takes note of her abilities sooner or later, because she would be a credit to their design department. She also keeps trying to get me play on the US servers. Not any time soon, I'm afraid, my dear. ;3

Priestlings

Euan (Primar) -- A retired Shadow Priest, through whom I was able to elbow my way into the Troupe of Superfluously Flamboyant Headwear where I now permanently reside. He now occasionally attempts to derail threads in the Priest section of Wowhead. I encourage him; he has a 100% success rate at derailment. Hilarious to listen to when drunk on Ventrilo. Always going AFK for more beer.
Paolo -- A Discipline Priest of whom I am a keen disciple, and with whom I have some kind of undefined rivalry. Day by day, I am slowly turning him British, while tapping him of all useful knowledge regarding the ways of the Bubble. Soon, Paolo, the student will become the Master. Of what, I'm not sure.
karlusdavius -- In the gold corner, representing Holy Priests. Wowhead's resident expert of the ways of CoH and Holy Contentration (or what we folks used to call OO5SR), and infrequent troll -- but he's toned that down a lot.
Patty132471 -- British, so I am biased to include him. An intelligent contributor to the forums, always worth reading.
Seneca -- At the time that Seneca actually started making himself known on the Priest boards, I was in my third year of Uni, and, coincidentally, part of my Latin course was to study three of Seneca's works. This I find amusing, though in no way significant of anything. Recently returned to the fold, and hopefully sticking around, Seneca is a fellow Shadow Priest, and Lord of Priest Memes. im shock.
Gwennevere -- Doesn't post often, which is a shame, because I always know to expect quality when I see the Rapture avatar.
kuinkitty -- A Paladin, regularly, but has recently entered the Disciples' fold and is doing rather well, from what I gather. A resident of #wowhead.
Astarael -- Another #wowhead resident, part of the little clique that Noxy, Euan, he and I share as Priests of IRC.

Other awesome folk:

Sihmm -- Also Chayah
(ch-eye-ah ("ch" as in "loch")), Charles, or simply C. My GM. Very supportive, and willing to listen to far too many of the walls of text I throw his way.
Boubouille -- This guy requires no description. His website says it all.
Fáy -- A Shadow Priest on Shadowsong, with whom I enjoy talking about our buffs and nerfs. A hardcore 25-man raider.

If you're not on this list and you should be, then I'm very sorry for leaving you out, and I will remedy it as soon as you /glare at me.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Its Fay!
    Me hardcore? surely you jest ;)
    Thanks for the mention and heres a linky to my lil home
    http://letsmeltfaces.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna make me say it, apparently.

    "Undefined rivalry" is American for love, you dork. You should visit our beautiful little corner of the world. Just so you know, we removed your flag a while back, but we kept the language (and upgraded it).

    And no I wasn't making a pass at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've visited North America three times -- New York when I was 12 or 13 and Canada twice when I was 19 and 20. I found it a bit too ... big. Like, the roads that stretch across six lanes' and a good 40 meters' width.

    We reject your "upgrades". We're going to take a silent approach to reclaiming what we more-rightfully-than-you stole. You are merely a test subject for the instilment of Britishisms. A guinea-Priest, if you will.

    (I love you too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, what? A Brit righteously attempting to reclaim stolen goods?

    C.f. Imperialism.

    And American superhighways make me dizzy too. Give me a nice two lane road, a few roundabouts, the charm of Yorkshire and

    Wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well. I'll give you 7/10. We still need to work on the "North/South divide" element (You should have said, for example, Exeter).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll give it to you Sinespe, you use the metric system. You're already superior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well. We use the metric system for some things. We use Imperial when we feel like it, though.

    ReplyDelete